It’s ALMOST HERE GUYS, the time of the year I absolutely freakin’ hate. Did you know that Autism Speaks even has a whole guide of how to use their logo? (Unfortunately, it’s been taken off the internet and I can not find a cached version)
There’s also pretty crude donors, ignorant ambassadors, poorly thought out sponsorships and William Shatner’s gaslighting of Autistics on Twitter amongst all the things we already have to deal with.
Here’s what you can do instead:
Here are some pertinent links about why Autism Speaks & April is so bad:
- 5 Shocking Reasons NOT to Light it Up Blue for Autism Day
- Why I Can’t Support Autism Awareness Month as an Autistic Person
- Why are so many people bashing the charity Autism Speaks during Autism Awareness Month?
- If you care about Autistic People…
- Autism Speaks search results on International Badass Activists