I had reached out to Mortgage Tree in the past to provide them with feedback about how terrible their campaign was.
I’ve already written extensively and provided a free guide for businesses to understand how to navigate these treatorous waters, but they actively choose not to listen.
I created a video and a long blog post about all the things that happened.
They made a plethora of excuses and essentially negated my voice and all the feedback that I had for them. Seems like they’ve continued on this campaign and also have continued to hire a NON-AUTISTIC artist (from what it seems) to create a colouring book page for them.
- They use puzzle pieces, which again is VERY harmful (i don’t know how many times i have to repeat myself)
- They use AWARENESS VS. Acceptance as well
- They refer to Autism as a DISEASE
It’s exhausting to provide feedback to give them the chance to change and do better, but instead they choose not to do this.
If you want to see what they have done with their campaign and reach out to them, here’s where you can go:
- Autism Colouring Contest Facebook Page
- MortgageTree’s website with the contest
- MortgageTree’s Facebook
- MortgageTree’s Twitter
- MortgageTree’s Instagram
The businesses involved: