I’ve been thinking a whole lot lately. That’s right, my brain is filled with ideas. It never seems to shut the eff up. EVER.
I would love to see some mandatory laws or rules implemented within the workplace and beyond.
- If someone is suffering from mental illness, treatment should come first
- If one is to go through treatment, their job should be protected
- If they are unable to work, the employer should keep in direct and honest communication with employee
- If employee so chooses to disclose treatment and appointments that are in place, they should be accomodated
- There COULD be an employee as a ‘backup’ if shifts are unable to be carried out
- If a problem is apparent with an employee, such as a mental breakdown or inablity to work, there should be a phone line or company appointed therapist with 100% confidentiality
- Pertaining to an employees protected leave, everything should, again, remain confidential
- Doctors notes should make absences excused
- Excused absences for medical reasons should not be used against employee
- There should be a multi-point support system in place, as well as putting wellness as the #1 priority, over profits. A healthy & happy employee can offer SO MUCH.
Would you add anything to my list?